Submission officially begins today. Here is how you submit your own films!
It will be open until May 9th.
1. Sign up for a time slot to submit your film by making a reservation online here: https://filmfinalssfsu.youcanbook.me
2. Complete submission form and save as digital file. [doc version] [pdf version]
3. Export your film as an uncompressed HD (not 2K or 4k) video file – preferably ProRes .mov.
For assistance with exporting a ProRes file out of Premiere on a MAC, see:
PC users – here’s the link to a video on how to output an Avid DNxHD file in Quicktime format from a PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmNKvgT-HRU, as well as link to the codec, if needed: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Avid-QuickTime-Codecs-LE.
Save your uncompressed video file as Last Name_First_Title of Film
4. Put your film AND a still image file (TIFF format preferred) that represents your film onto your own external drive (ex: USB, hard-drive, etc.). Also include your submission form, preferably as a Word doc. Make sure all of your documents are titled according to the above format (Last Name_Title of Film). Put all of the files in one folder titled with your “last name, first name,” — for example, “Smith, John.”
5. Bring your student ID to the Edit Cage(FA 416) to get the Key to STUDIO I during the time slot that you have reserved.
Make sure you have all your files ready for transfer before your download appointment. You will not have time to work on files, make stills, or write documents during your session.
Hours to edit cage:
Mon – Thurs: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Fri: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sat/Sun: 9:00am – 5:00pm
6. Open STUDIO I with the key and upload your film /still image /submission form to computer’s external hard drive folder following the provided instructions.
7. Return key to the Edit Cage and receive your student ID
If you have any questions on submitting your film
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com